Another long day!

If I thought previous days had been long, I had no idea until today what a real long day was. Last night we finished work at 19:20 and it was amusing to see how fast the room cleared when we were released for the day. I believe some of the participants had a late night but I scurried off to my room for some soup and bread for dinner and on to bed.

Today was my turn to speak and while I was prepared, I was still a bit nervous. My slot was for 10:15 but that time came and went lost in a huge discussion about the overall SWIOFP budget. We eventually got back to the agenda at 14:30 and I started the afternoon session off with my presentation. By that time I was really sick of waiting and my nerves had mostly disappeared and I just wanted it over. The presentation seemed well received.and the questions asked were very positive and even the person who I was expecting trouble from kept his mouth shut. Part of my presentation included the budget which I have put forward for the next two years and I was very happy that there were no comments or objections to it. There will still be further budget discussions tonight (starting at 20:00!) but I do not think that my budget will be cut at all.

I have no photos from here for you today but here is one of my precious little cat, Rose, who I am missing a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo