Finally back to work today. It was another slow start with the main contact person only pitching up at work at 09:45 and work did not get under way until sometime after eleven. So once again I spent a Monday morning taking deep breaths and counting to ten. Once things did start though it seemed to go really well. I need to do some validation tonight but I'm sure everything will be okay. Hopefully they will finish the updates early because if we have a day spare there is a plan to go on a field excursion to Shimoni to see some of the fishing activities about which we collect information. That should be interesting - well to me anyway :-)

On a positive note, I got back to the hotel this evening and had 20 minutes for a quick swim - such a pleasant end to the day!

The photo below is part of the view from KMFRI of the old part of Mombasa. I'm not sure if you can make it out properly but on the very left of the photo is Fort Jesus of which I posted photos on the blog in December.

And finally to my newest friends, enjoy Luanda and travel home safely!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo