Sleepless in Mombasa

For some strange reason I am never able to get a decent night's sleep in Mombasa. Last night I had every intention of going to sleep early but the moment my head hit the pillow my eyes popped open and that was that. Yeah for YouTube and the quick 3G connection in Kenya. So last night I caught up on all the videos I want to watch back home but never get around to seeing. I think I eventually called it a night at 2am!

Mombasa seems to be particularly blessed when it comes to beautiful sunrises and this morning was no exception. So I have two photos to show you from this morning. My room is about 30m from the beach so there are great views.
And the next photo is the view from my balcony. I know that it is great and that you may be envious but the photo below that shows what I really get to see for the whole day and it is not so great!
My presentation today went well and I got some really good responses from it. It also means that my funding is as good as approved so at least I have another year of work. Not that there is any chance of my not having work but the WIOFish project is just so great to work on.
So tomorrow we change gear and focus on a different topic but I think it will be much easier listening. Well let's hope so anyway :-)
Until tomorrow, goodnight. XXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo