Last day in Maputo

The tuna presentation yesterday afternoon was well presented and very interesting. I was really glad that I attended. It was interesting that, according to the study on which the presentation was based, the countries in the western Indian Ocean are benefiting from the fishery to the same degree as the global standards. That is quite encouraging.

Today's meeting was sort of the main event where all the budgets and work plans for the year ahead were passed. The meeting chair, from Mauritius, is such a character and he had us all laughing at his crazy jokes and statements. It definitely made the day go quicker. The important bit in this paragraph though is that the budget was passed - that means I got the money for my project! That means more travel next year :-)

The last event for me on this trip is the official signing of an agreement between the two big western Indian Ocean projects. I'm just going for the free drinks LOL!

My transfer to the airport in the morning is at 07:30. It is really early since my flight home is only after eleven but I would rather be early than late, especially after being stuck in traffic on the way from the airport to the hotel when I arrived. Hopefully the airport still has free Internet! If not I do have a book to read.

With that my story is done for this trip and probably for this year. I think that my travelling is done for this year. It will be strange spending so much time in my office but I have a lot of work to do so maybe I need to be home for a while :-)

Until next time, take care everyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo