The end is in sight

The day started well! I awoke to pouring rain outside and thinking about it, this may be the first time it has rained in all my trips to Maputo. I really enjoyed listening to it and then seeing it when I went downstairs for breakfast.

After that things seemed to go downhill. At five to ten I got hold of the institute director to ask her if she knew why her staff had not arrived! After that they trickled in and really did not want to work it seemed. The day was saved, however, when the boss herself arrived after lunch and took them all to task. They got on with the work but two of them are paying the price for not working earlier and are still here trying to finish off their work. It does mean no walk for me but this trip is about work after all.

This will be my last blog from Maputo and there are no photos today. Tomorrow I will spend the morning finishing off the work here and then will go to the airport for my late afternoon flight. First to Jo'burg and then home to Durban. The whole story starts again on Friday night although I do get to spend Friday night in Jo'burg with my wonderful friends Jo and Diets who have strangely volunteered for the late airport pick up and early morning drop off!

So until the weekend, when I will be in Zanzibar, farewell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo