Howling wind

When I woke up this morning the wind was blowing madly and it is still blowing like crazy this evening. When today's work session ended I planned on going for a walk along the beach. Then I went outside and saw that it would just be a sandblasting session so I changed my mind and settled down with my Kindle to read until dinner time.

Talking of food I am not overly fond of what is being served here for lunch and dinner. I wanted to have a carbohydrate free week but the food selection for these meals for Monday, yesterday and today has been: rice, potatoes, yams, ugali (pap or phutu for South African readers), spinach and a meat dish. At least it is a short trip!

I thought today I would share some photos of my living quarters so here they are:

 The sleeping area is nice and spacious
 The bathroom could due with some renovations. The blue tiles were at some time painted olive green but the paint is now peeling off giving a really shabby appearance.
The gardens in front of my room are really lovely and I am enjoying the sound of the waves breaking on the beach.

A very short blog tonight. Tomorrow is the last day of the current working party so I think it will be an easy day. Some of the guys want to go into Mombasa tomorrow evening to experience the local life. It is the first time here for them so it is a good idea. Until next time take care!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo