Feeling Human Again

It isn't often that I get sick and since I started travelling in East Africa in 2005 I had only been sick once (a small case of food poisoning) but now I can say I have been sick twice. On Tuesday evening my entire alimentary canal staged a protest. Somewhere I had picked up a bug. The trouble with these trips is that there really is no time to be ill. So despite having had a very uncomfortable night and getting absolutely no sleep, the work had to go on. Wednesday was a very long day. Fortunately by the time I went to work there was nothing left in me eject and I could get through the day with my dignity intact.

The work went very well yesterday and we are left with only six fisheries to review today. This means that the workshop will finish a day early. It will be good to have a day to work on other projects and not have to go anywhere in a taxi.

These trips to and from KMFRI have been quite interesting because the taxi drivers, in their efforts to avoid the traffic, have been taking the muddy, bumpy back roads. I have to admit that it has been interesting to go on these routes to see something different in Mombasa but at the same time, when my stomach was not feeling very stable, it was a nightmare being bounced around in the back of a car.

Anyway today I am feeling much better and the sun has finally made an appearance. Hopefully the weather will be good for a relaxing weekend at the beach.
The beach in front of the Voyager Hotel this morning before the clouds dissipated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo