Another good day!

Last night, after my session in the gym, I slept so well but struggled to wake up this morning. I think I am still on SA time and so 6am feels exactly like 4am! There is no other option though than to just haul myself out of bed and get going. Satish picked me up and thankfully there were no more horror road stories. We took a different route to Albion this morning but honestly it makes no difference to me as I have no clue where we are most of the time due to the rabbit warren nature of the roads.
The area between Satish's office and the beach

A close up view of the fence outside Satish's office - you can see how close the water is!

We had another productive day and had completed all but three fisheries before lunch. For lunch we returned to the same little restaurant but this time arranged for the gatekeeper to wait for us to return. Below are a few photos I took on the way back from lunch.

The wetland that runs behind the research centre.

The bridge over the wetland that we cross to get to and from the lunch restaurant.

Club Med's beach - the expensive resort hotel right next to the research centre.

The beach in front of the research centre.

After lunch we finished off our primary task for the week (all the reviews of the fisheries) and started trawling for references. They really are few and far between. It seems the emphasise here is on monitoring rather than research. We will carry on with our search tomorrow and see how we go but we found very little this afternoon..

Just for those who may be interested, below is a photo of my hotel room.

There will be no blog tomorrow as Satish has invited me to dinner with his family. It is very sweet of him and I am looking forward to it. They are fasting at the moment and he was almost apologetic about only serving vegetarian food. I told him that I would be VERY happy to have vegetables particularly since I am still recovering from my intense lack of veggies on the last trip! He says that one of the dishes will most likely be jack-fruit curry, should be good!

Until Friday then, take care everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo