A small surprise

Yesterday when I got back to the guest house I discovered that my accommodation has a kitchen! Now I can hear you asking how I could have missed that fact for 2 nights! Well, when I got to my room on Saturday night I saw a door leading somewhere but it had no handle on it and the fridge was in front of it so I paid no attention to it. I'm not overly curious about hotel rooms anyway as they are mostly pretty boring. When I came home after work I discovered the fridge had been moved, the door was open and there was the kitchen. When I looked more closely at the door I saw that the lock area was exposed and I actually could have opened the door myself. Anyway despite now having a stove, sink and kettle, it really doesn't make too much difference. It is nice to have the extra space and using the kettle is far more convenient than using my immersion heater to boil water but it won't change my eating plans much. I'm really not sure why the fridge is in the bedroom though as there is enough space in the kitchen for it and enough wall sockets.
My section of the guest house - I'm on the top floor
 My newly discovered kitchen

After moving some of my grocery items into the kitchen (tea, coffee, instant noodles) I set off for a walk. I headed north this time and walked alternately on the beach and on the road. It was very hot and I tried, where possible, to get into the shade. Along the way I saw a little kitten mewing for its mother at the top of its voice! I desperately wanted to take it home with me but it just isn't a viable option so I walked on with a heavy heart.
 One of the beaches I walked along.
 This is a beautiful area - such lovely big shady trees.
A bat - not sure if it is sleeping or "sleeping".

After getting my daily exercise it was time for some relaxation wallowing in the water. It was really good to just float in the water and feel the waves roll under me. The trouble with floating around like this is that eventually I get cold. I tried to stave it off for a while by swimming into shore and back out again but it was too late and I just had to get out.
The beach where I swim each day.

It was time for a little snack anyway: chicken flavoured noodles and yoghurt for dinner all washed down with vanilla tea.

At breakfast this morning I was joined in the dining room by six French tourists and I shamelessly eavesdropped on their conversation. It went mostly about turning the roosters into coq au vin - I guess I am not the only one having trouble sleeping until a reasonable hour LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo