The Night Bazaar

Yesterday, we started working on the database online and filling in the blanks and new information for the fisheries. I got home with only enough time to got for the obligatory swim before sundown and dismissed the walk. The water was lovely and once again so relaxing.

After the swim and a shower I finished the last of the books I had brought along to keep me occupied so now have to listen to audio books that I downloaded a while back. The manageress of the guest house promised to bring me the receipt for payment of my accommodation at 7pm but she did not arrive. I paid on Monday morning and have asked her every morning for the receipt which she kept on telling me she would give me either later in the day or the next morning at breakfast but that never happened. I cornered her again on getting home yesterday and she said that the printer had run out of ink so she would print it at home and bring it when she came to switch on the lights in the evening. As stated, she never pitched. At seven thirty I gave up on her and walked down to the bazaar at the beach front in Beauvalon. This bazaar is held every Wednesday evening and consists of stalls selling local arts and crafts and cuisine.

The bazaar seems to have gotten a lot smaller so it didn't take long to wander through the stalls. One of the workshop participants said that the reduction in size of the bazaar is due to another bazaar now being held in Victoria every Friday evening and people don't want to give up 2 nights a week selling goods. It was nice to roam around a bit and there were lots of tourists around so I was not concerned about being on the streets on my own after dark.
The beach at night.

I don't know if the roosters were quiet this morning or whether the very early wake up times finally took their toll but I slept until 6am this morning. What a wonderful sensation to just wake up when I had had enough sleep!
The view of Victoria coming down the mountain from Beauvalon Bay.

Today at work we carried on with the online data entry and progress went well. It is so good having a group of people who are very familiar with the system and just get on with the work.

Aubs and I are heading out for dinner tonight - somewhere near Eden Island I think. I am really looking forward to having a cocktail :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo