A Change of Venue

After the meeting finished yesterday I retired to the pool and there I met Nimo's little daughter. We spent a wonderful two hours playing in the pool. Of course after that I was exhausted - 4 year old kids have far too much energy! The sun was still out when I got there and in that late afternoon sun I got a little bit sun burnt! I don't know how anyone survives in the pool through the heat of the day and yet they are there all day.

After the swim I joined some of the other meeting participants for a beer on the lawn next to the beach. It really is the nicest place to sit because the breeze off the ocean is so cool. After drinks we headed off to dinner which was just a small variation on lunch: potatoes, rice, ugali (pap or phutu for South Africans), a spinach type vegetable and meat. The meat last night was oxtail stew and I was quite amused when the Italian consultant asked me, with a look of disgust on his face, if it was really the tail of the cow. He decided to give the meat a skip. The best thing on the menu here is the fruit and last night I had the most wonderful juicy mango!

This morning when I got to the meeting room we have been using since Monday, I discovered that we had been moved. Initially the move seemed beneficial because we are away from the main reception area and all the other meeting attendees (of which there are many). But there is a huge downside to the place where we are now: the air conditioning is not working! It really is like a sauna and I have been struggling to think about anything except how hot I am feeling! Another distraction is that it is right next to the pool and the sounds of the kids swimming is making me long to be out of this hot room and paddling away in the pool.

Today I will leave with two photos of the beach!

 Early in the morning at low tide
In the middle of the day at high tide


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo