A Training Day

It seems that we have covered all the required work in a far shorter time than was anticipated so today has been used as a day to train all the participants on some basic Geographic Information System (GIS) functions. These are things I learnt a long time back and the day has therefore, one the one hand, felt like a supreme waste of time but, on the other hand, I have been productive doing other work. I have had one ear listening in though just in case there were any tips that I would find beneficial.

Last night I took my young friend for a short walk on the beach. It was astounding that the little thing was not keen to touch the shells at first but eventually I had her collecting EVERY shell on the beach. Soon though she tired of that and insisted that we rather go and have a swim in the pool. So insistent that even I could understand her Swahili! On our way back to the hotel we had to face the barrage of local guys on the beach but it was refreshing to not be the focus of their interest as a possible wife, instead they wanted to sell me necklaces and bangles for my "daughter". The swim was very good and we only got out when the life guard was giving us dirty looks because we were in the water after the official closing time of the pool.

Early this morning the ocean looked really beautiful. The water inside the reef was a mirror!


The lack of anything interesting happening in the meeting and the boredom I am feeling regarding the hotel's food is really contributing towards me wanting to get home. I really hope there will be something interesting tomorrow otherwise my last day here will seem especially endless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo