Laundry day

The trouble with long trips is that at some point I have to do laundry. The decision is then whether to wash my clothes by hand in the, mostly inadequate, facilities in my room or to fork out the cash for the hotel to wash them. My decision on these choices tends to vary quite a lot depending on my levels of laziness, the fee the hotel charges, how dirty the clothes are, etc. This time I chose to wash the clothes myself. Why I did this I have no idea! My options for where to wash my clothes were: the leaky bath or the tiny basin with a malfunctioning plug.

I decided that possibly the leaky bath would be the best option because I could at least get a puddle of water together to dampen the clothes completely and hopefully the leak would not be too bad. So in went the clothes and the soap and I started to fill the bath with the drip drip tap. Since the water was running in really slowly, I wandered off to do something else while I waited for enough water to actually wash the clothes. When I came back to the bath though, the entire bathroom floor was underwater and some water had spilled onto the carpet in the bedroom area.

So I pulled the plug (figuratively and literally) on the bath  idea and moved over to the basin. I would not have thought that I could make the flood conditions in the bathroom any worse but, surprise, surprise, when the basin is tiny and the water has to run continually, it is possible to add to the flooding.

It would have been a much better idea to hand the laundry in to be washed but hindsight is always twenty-twenty! Anyway I did manage to get the laundry done and I now have enough clean clothes to last until I return home. Maybe I will think twice about how to do laundry in the future but I doubt it.

From a work point of view, the days have been really long but very productive. It seems though that some enthusiasm is starting to wane. Fortunately we only have to work tomorrow (Saturday) morning and then we have the rest of the weekend off. It will be interesting to see what everyone does with their free time. The Tanzanians seem to be planning a little trip to Swaziland which is just around the corner, while the Kenyans just want to go to Maputo. As for my plans for the weekend: I have not decided yet but I am leaning towards a sun lounger and my Kindle next to the pool. The pool has been cleaned too so a swim or six might feature in my weekend.
My weekend destination!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo