Walking on sunshine

Yesterday afternoon there was a small break in the rain and Maputo was bathed in the late afternoon sunshine. It looked really pretty against the dark rain clouds hanging about above the city.

It was good to wake up early this morning with the sunrise and to get up and go for a run along the beach. There were only a couple of fishermen along the beach so it was a very peaceful run. There were no cars spewing out fumes or noise and no pedestrians to have to dodge around. I did, however, miss having my dogs along and I know they would have thoroughly enjoyed the beach.

The hotel seems to have gotten its act together today and breakfast was served on time and out on the jetty. It was really lovely out there. I ate my breakfast while watching some beach seine fishers hauling in their catch.

Our group also got on with the work straight out the gates today. I think everyone has realised the enormity of the task ahead of us! That of course means that I have had my nose to the grindstone all day and the blog is very short today. But I leave you with two photos from the hotel.

I just loved the blue sky!

The swimming pool - a bit green but if it gets hot enough I will be in it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo