Locked in!

Since it is now high tide early in the morning and when we finish work for the day and there is not much beach available, I have had to resort for taking a small run along the road outside the hotel. It was an interesting change! I had to dodge the mud and the vehicles who drive all over the road but I really enjoyed it despite regretting having just had a couple of slices of cake for afternoon tea!
No beach!

Talking of afternoon tea, yesterday while I was munching on those pieces of cake I gazed across the water to Maputo and saw the MSC Opera. It really stood out against the city.
The MSC Opera docked in Maputo for the day.

This morning, after breakfast, I returned to my room to tidy myself up for the workday and as I walked in the door I put the key into the lock and turned it. What a mistake that was! When I came to leave my room I found myself locked in with a malfunctioning lock that would not open. I harassed the lock a bit, then looked out the window to see if there was an escape that way. The window was not an option and I was starting to wonder how I would get out! There is no phone in the room so it wasn't as if I could just call reception to get them to let me out. So I went back to harassing the lock. After 10 minutes I heard the tumblers in the lock make a slightly different sound and it unlocked. I was quite relieved although at the same time the thought of just staying in my room and reading for the day was becoming quite appealing LOL.

Today is my last full day in Mozambique and at lunch time tomorrow I will start my journey home. Once again the flights will go via Johannesburg and I will also have to factor in the ferry trip across the river at the beginning of the trek home. It will be a long day of travelling instead of essentially just hop across the border to Durban.

Comments

  1. Once again, I am transported by your words Bern. I love the way you write and your pictures are a sight to behold. As I sit in the office, I get to go away with you for 10 or so minutes and just escape. I love your blogs and may not always comment, but they are always read and enjoyed immensely.
    Love
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Viv! Not too long to wait for the next trip ... I am travelling again on Saturday evening.
      Love
      Bern

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I'm so glad you find it entertaining :D More to follow soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo