Assessing stocks

Last night I was invited to go out to dinner with the three Norwegians and we went to Chinatown to a nice Chinese restaurant where I had Indian curry! Apparently most restaurants serve a variety of local foods which is great when everyone wants to have different cuisines. The benefit of going to Chinatown as opposed to the waterfront is that the prices are far more reasonable away from the waterfront - sound familiar! The food was good and the company, great. They were also very considerate and very little Norwegian was spoken the whole evening. After dinner, no-one was quite ready to return to the hotel so we ended up at the Keg at the waterfront for Irish coffees. The  four coffees cost almost as much as our entire bill from the Chinese restaurant but they were good.

This morning we started on the stock assessment aspect of the course. This is being presented by the latest addition to the Norwegian compliment, Knut Korsbrekke. It was very intense and I had to pay attention a lot more today than I have since the course started. We went through some background this morning and this afternoon tackled some of the dreaded equations. Knut has a wonderful sense of humour so it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. Still, it is difficult trying to locate all this stuff in my brain that I used to know.

Tonight I am planning on having an early night. I need to revise what we did today so that I will have lodged it in my head for tomorrow and then it is off to sleep. Sorry no photos today - maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo