ES-CUE-EL OR JUST SQL

After a good night's rest I was bright-eyed, bushy tailed and eagerly anticipating the week ahead. Today we learnt how to write SQL script so that we can design our own queries for extracting data from Nansis. Writing scripts is not my favourite activity but I think with a bit of playing around and working with the data, it will all be ok.

During the morning another Norwegian arrived. We have not been formally introduced to him yet, this will happen in the morning. He is here to teach us about doing fish stock assessments which will be good but possibly a little tough too. The poor man has arrived without his luggage courtesy of British Airways. Hopefully he will get his bags before he has to leave again!

In the afternoon we had a recap session. It was on the three tricky parts of using Nansis - the installation, exploring a new survey and estimating the biomass of individual and groups of species.

It was really hot today and I had my first swim in the hotel pool. It is a tiny pool that is right next to the hotel's restaurant so swimmers provide entertainment for the dinners :-) It is a refreshing end to the day though. I'm not sure yet but I may be going to the waterfront tonight, will see how plans work out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo