It's a dog's life

The last few days have disappeared in a haze of biomass estimates and yield-per-recruit calculations. It has been very challenging to dredge all these equations out of the recesses of my brain and figure out how to use them properly but I found the sessions both stimulating and rewarding. Overall the course has been great and even the stuff that I did know was presented so well that it was no hardship to listen to it over again.

Knut pacing behind the 2 delegates from Comoros.

On the social front, I have spent quite a few evenings in the company of the 3 Norwegian course presenters at a couple of the local restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. These evenings have been entertaining and I think saved me from death by boredom. The hotel that we are at is in the middle of the Port Louis CBD and it is apparently not too safe to wander around outside at night alone so I was glad to have 3 male companions to walk around with. They were good company as well as good body guards :-)

So my time in Mauritius is drawing to a close. It has been good but it is time to go home now. We finished up today at midday and everyone elected to swap our 3 course lunch for dinner tonight so that we have a bit more daylight time to wander around. It also means that we finish off with a course dinner which I think is a great idea. I still have tomorrow morning for some last minute roaming as my pick up to go to the airport is only at 1pm.

With that, farewell for now. I will blog again in December from Mombasa and, hopefully, Tsavo National Park in Kenya.
Take care!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo