Mauritius!

I am finally out of my office again and am spending the next 2 weeks in Mauritius. I am here to attend a course on a software system called Nansis which is used aboard the Norwegian research vessel called the RV Dr Fridtjof Nansen and which is being used in one of the projects I work on.

The Durban to Johannesburg flight was uneventful but for those of you who were with me at 7 Squadron, the Captain was none other than Angel - Russell Angus. I had a brief flash of that Imp that he threw away at Langebaan but then decided to forget about that!

Johannesburg to Mauritius was also an ok flight. When we landed though we were not allowed to disembark for ages and the pilot told us that this was because they had problems with the No 2 engine and the only way for it to be checked out was to leave it running while the ground crew inspected it. Needless to say there was much nervous giggling from the passengers and a lot of relief that the pilot only mentioned it when we were safely on the ground!

There was supposed to be another course participant on the plane and the driver and I waited for ages for the guy to materialise (not someone I know) but he never did. So after arriving at three thirty we only left the airport at five and it took an hour to get to Port Louis. The hotel is ok but no kettle and tea (lucky I packed my own) and no fridge so I'm happy that I brought long-life milk along. Oh yes, that reminds me, apparently no fruit or animal products are allowed to be brought into the country - luckily I snuck them through though! Hope no customs people read this LOL! I would have been sad if my dried fruit mix was confiscated. The hotel does, however, have free wireless internet, a slow connection but who cares when it's free. Below is the view from my window.

The course only starts at two pm tomorrow so I am going to explore the city a little in the morning and orientate myself to what is around here. So until tomorrow, take care!

Comments

  1. It looks so good in the post.
    Many thanks for your nice posting, I like it.
    Bathmate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo