Sad times

There are times when one should really be with one's family but it just isn't possible. For a long time my family have been expecting to say a final goodbye to my grandmother and last night this finally happened. While I knew that this was inevitable and even had I known the exact day, I would not have changed my plans to be where I am now. My grandmother was such an amazing lady who wished me nothing but happiness and success. She always wanted me to have the best possible time out and to live my life to the full. Whenever I saw her she would ask me "so where are you off to next" with a huge grin on her face. I have so many good memories of her from when I was a little girl and all through my adult life. I will miss her but I know that she is now in a much happier place, free of the constraints of her frail body.

The morning was spent quietly at home. Amazingly Charles and I had planned this before I received the news from home and it was good to have the quiet time. This afternoon we just went for a short drive around Levanger. We went to see some church ruins and then went to a lake to see if there were swans around. The lake was completely frozen though so the swans had gone elsewhere. We did see some cute Icelandic horses though and a gorgeous little squirrel.





I tried my hand at assembling a marzipan cake for tonight's dessert. I say assembled because I certainly didn't bake it. Charles insisted that it would be easier to buy the cake, custard and marzipan so that is what we did. It definitely did not look like the cakes we have seen in the cafes but it tasted okay. It will be a project for when I get home, to make the whole thing from scratch!

That is all from me tonight but I am sending lots and lots of love to all my family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo