Skiing

Today I tried skiing for the very first time. Charles' neighbours kindly loaned me some ski boots and a pair of skis and I fitted into an old ski suit that belonged to Charles' son. I was hoping for warmer weather but it was -11 degrees! In the end I didn't feel the cold because I was all wrapped up in all the gear. So here follows some photos that Charles took.
Starting off

This is not so bad!

They say pride comes before a fall - here I am in the ditch I landed in after Charles had untangled me from the ski poles and skis and helped me up. I have a banged up knee thanks to this little detour off the track.

They say you should get right back in the saddle again ... or in this case on the skis!

I could get used to doing this!

Looking a little disheveled but happy. It was not bad for a first attempt!

Despite having a bruised knee, I really enjoyed myself skiing. Not sure that I will tackle downhill anytime soon but will definitely give the cross country a go again if the opportunity arises. Just a few more photos today that I took on the way back to Levanger.




It is hard to believe that my time here is almost over. Tomorrow I will be packing my suitcase for my return home. We have to leave Levanger at 04:30 for my flight from Trondheim to Amsterdam on Friday morning so I must be ready tomorrow evening.

Take care everyone!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo