Snow, snow beautiful snow!

It was still cloudy this morning when I woke up and started to snow just after breakfast. Charles and I decided to go to town to buy a few things at the shopping centre and then walk around town a little. It was quite an experience for me walking in town on the icy pavements and slip, slip, slipping along. There are some lovely old buildings in the town and here are a few of them.


 




We went home for coffee and biscuits and then decided to drive out to small place in the mountains called Skallstuggu where people have holiday homes and they go there to ski. Our mission: to see really big snow flakes! The scenery on the way was really beautiful with snow on the trees and icicles hanging off the rocks on the side of the road.


And there was another lovely old church:

At Skallstuggu it was -1 degrees (the coldest I have been so far) and just a little bit of snow falling which was a little disappointing. It is so beautiful there so the disappointment did not last long. We got out of the lovely warm car and wandered around a little.
 A nice little holiday home on the edge of a frozen lake.

 The end of the jetty onto the lake.

 A cold braai and picnic anyone?

On the way back to Levanger a fox crossed the road in front of us. It disappeared really quickly into the forest but it was a really exciting sighting. We were actually looking for moose but the fox I will take any day. Further on the snow started to fall in huge snow flakes - mission accomplished!

And a bit further on we saw this deer which we figure was a red deer. No moose though, maybe next time.

Below is the view of Levanger as we got back into town.

And my final photo today is for my parents and my friends who have been camping with me in the cold ....
.... I will do my best never to complain about the cold again LOL!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo