Happy days!

Lunches for the workshop participants are always arranged by the national node where ever the workshop is being held. It gives me an opportunity to eat what the local people eat and over the years has been mostly very enjoyable. Every now and again though I do regret this arrangement and yesterday was one such day. We get a list of options from which to choose and my choice was chicken and chips. I was a bit concerned when the order arrived as it looked a bit over-cooked and didn't smell quite right but I ate it anyway. Not such a good idea! The chicken tasted a bit like fish and I reckon the oil everything was fried in must have been really old. I felt okay in the afternoon but last night it took its revenge. I vomited most of it up but then spent the rest of the night feeling uneasy and when I did sleep I had terrible nightmares. So all in all I did not have a good night and that made for an exceptionally long day today!

The work went well again today and now I have a night of data validation ahead to make sure everything has been completed as required - should keep me out of mischief! The guys are really working hard and it looks as if we may finish a day early. Maybe then I can have a tourist day. I will wait and see what happens.

Today Narriman decided that she wanted a group photo of everyone. You would not believe how difficult it is to get 10 people organised for this! We did it twice and there is at least one person missing in each shot. Below are the two photos taken and, by the way, I played no role in setting them up.


Back to work for me now so take care all!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo