Mombasa mooching

Two days of work are done and the going has been good. We are not halfway through our time but are almost halfway through the review process. I have really enjoyed staying at my current hotel because it is so convenient to get to work and back - just a 10 minute stroll. No waiting for taxis, then been terrified as those taxi drivers try to defy death along the roads. Just a calm walk and I am there or home! I have also really enjoyed getting back to the hotel, throwing down my stuff and enjoying a wonderful relaxing swim.

The only downside to the hotel has been my expectations of hot water. The shower is fitted with a water heater but it doesn't seem to be effective and the one time I did try it out I got a slight electric shock when I touched the tap - not a feeling anyone wants when standing in water. Fortunately it was mild and that was the end of my switching the heater on so it is cold showers until I get back to Nairobi on Friday night.

Tomorrow is probably going to be the toughest day at work this week. Esther, the local organiser, will not be in and I will be with two people who have only just learnt about the database and how it works. One of these people also brings a complication of not being very computer savvy. We spent this afternoon teaching her how to navigate around with a mouse. While it is good for her to learn these skills, it does slow down the progress considerably.

Not a lot of news here, just trying to get through the last week of this trip. Below is the view from our meeting room which looks out on Mombasa's old town.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo