Beside the seaside

Not too much news today. We have reached the halfway mark in the work which is good. I also heard that the lecturer from last year's stock assessment course that I attended here in Mauritius is arriving on Friday. We have tentative plans to meet for drinks/dinner so at least my social life may improve. Today we went back for Chinese lunch but this time we walked there. The route is via the beach so below are some photos of the beach in front of the research centre. I was told that I should bring my swimming costume to have a little dip at lunchtime but then I saw a huge sign that said "Dangerous bathing". Turns out there is a really strong rip current there - I wonder if they are trying to get rid of me :-) I also got to see some Mauritian wildlife - a monkey tightrope walking on the telephone lines ... sorry no photo Jo.

The view to the north

The view to the south - the buildings in amongst the trees belong to Club Med

The view straight out to sea

And below is another rainbow. I wonder if the people living there know about that pot of gold ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo