In hot water

Yesterday I left you with what decisions I had to make regarding swimming, photographing the sunset or both after work and my decision ... both! I went to the beach straight after I got home and had a good wallow in the very calm water. You can't really call what I did swimming because all I did was float around in the water until I had had enough and then got out. It certainly could not be considered exercise in any form. I had enough time to walk back to the guest house to collect my camera and return to the beach to watch the sunset and take the photo below.


When I returned to the guest house after the sunset, I, very excitedly, discovered that I now have hot water. This is the first time that I have had hot water at Villa de Roses ever. So of course I just had to have a shower. What a pleasure not having to psych myself up to get into a freezing cold shower and also what a pleasure to not get out of the shower shivering.

So below is the annex where I stay. I am in the bottom left unit (behind the cactus). And the photo below that is the view from my patio.



When I woke up this morning I was pleasantly surprised that there was still hot water. I was surprised because normally in the Seychelles hot water is supplied from solar powred geysers so you only get hot water in the evenings and luke warm water in the mornings. Clearly Villa de Roses has splurged and installed a mains supplied geyser.

After getting dressed for work I joined a little friend out on the patio for breakfast. This little bird joins me every morning to share my cornflakes. He is really quite cheeky and this morning expressed his impatience at my taking so long to break up a cornflake for him that he just took it out from between my fingers. He is the perfect breakfast companion though because he doesn't demand any conversation - just sits on the patio wall munching his breakfast and then he leaves.


Tonight is market night at Beau Vallon so I will go down there for dinner. There are normally loads of stalls where food is prepared while you wait and there are lots of other things to look at too. It will be a change from spending the evening reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo