Market Day

There are just two fisheries left to profile tomorrow and then I need to show everyone how the reporting side of the database works. It was a frustrating morning though and eventually I threw my toys out of my cot because we were down to one participant who did not know anything about the fisheries that we were supposed to be profiling. After that though, the work got done and it got done well and still with quite some laughter, what a pity it had to get to that though.

After work I quickly went back to my hotel room to drop off my things and then headed down to the market. This market is really something else. It changes everyday - yesterday it was a fruit and vegetable market and today it was a clothes market. The stalls are elaborately setup and I don't know how long it takes the sellers to setup and dismantle their stalls for their particular market day but it is crazy. Anyway I just wandered through the makeshift building (see photo below) looking at what was available. But as anyone who knows me well will acknowledge, shopping is definitely not me forte! I did see one blouse that I liked enough to stop and inquire about but the guy didn't have my size so I came away empty-handed.

The Quatre Bornes market.

I'm off to the gym now for a bit of a workout and then it is early to bed tonight. Hopefully the people making such a noise until midnight last night are quiet tonight and I can get a good night's rest.

Comments

  1. Hi there. Glad to hear that at least up until today, things have been going well. I have been thinking of you all week. I am in the process of writing an email - slow going at the moment though - sorry. Lots of love, my friend. Jo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo