Moving on

My last work day in Mauritius went really well despite the failure of one participant to show up at all. It was a really good experience incorporating another country into my project and now there are two others that need to be approached for inclusion.

Knut Korsbrekke, from IMR in Norway,  arrived at the research centre in the afternoon and we made plans to meet in Flic en Flac for dinner. It was really great to get out of the hotel for a change and have some conversation about things other than fisheries - although we did discuss this too. It was a pleasant evening with a bit too much food and a lot too much alcohol but nothing too drastic. In among all the other topics that were discussed at length, he also gave me some really good advice for my PhD which was very kind of him. A good night out indeed.

Today I am having a slow day. I need to check out of the hotel at 11 am but my ride to the airport is only at 3 pm. So I am moving out of my room at the very last minute and then will leave my bags with reception and just wander around Quatre Bornes for a few hours checking out the shops. The local market today is a veggie market so is not that appealing but there are all sorts of other little shops to look at in the area.

I am unsure how regularly the blog will be updated once I get to the Seychelles. The B&B where I am staying does not have Internet but hopefully I will get a chance during the day in between work to write. We will have to wait and see. Take care, have fun and enjoy the weekend.

Comments

  1. Hi there. Glad to hear that overall everything went well - WELL DONE as always. Thinking of you on your flight today... lots and lots of love, my friend. Miss you vey much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! I miss you stacks and stacks my friend but it is only two and half months to go!!!!! Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo