Chinese Chicken

Albion Fisheries Research Centre, where I am based this week, is in the most beautiful setting. It is on a huge piece of land next to the beach that is filled with trees and bushes - a piece of paradise. In the mornings it is such a pleasure to arrive there out of the convolution of narrow alleys into this shady park. Unfortunately though the government has sold off part of the land and a hotel development is going in next year. I guess it is understandable because it is prime property but it still will be a shame to loose part of that garden.

Part of the garden on the land side of the research centre

The section of the research centre where I am working

I find it really strange how popular Chinese food is here considering the Indian background. Everywhere there are little Chinese restaurants and they are really great. The food is good and inexpensive too - everything I ask for in a restaurant! So yesterday we had Chinese food for lunch (chicken fried noodles) and today again (poulet sauté aux legumes). I think we will be going to the same place for the rest of the week because it is right next door to the centre and I definitely don't mind one bit.

The work this morning started off slowly again but by this afternoon everyone was up to speed and substantial progress  was made. I always forget just how familiar I am with the database and that others need to learn their way around it first. By tomorrow we will really get stuck into it!

The hotel that I am at is really quite good and I like it more every day that I am here. It has a really nice little gym that is well equipped so every evening I go and have a good workout before relaxing for the rest of the evening. I also found out today that the hotel is right next door to the Quatre Bornes market that I was too hangover to pay much attention to last year. Apparently the market is open late on Thursday evenings so that is where I will be on Thursday after work.

And to end off ... there was a beautiful rainbow this afternoon to which I have done no justice but here is the photo anyway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo