At home in Albion

Last night it started to rain like crazy a couple hours before I went to sleep and when I woke up at 5am it was still pouring. That put paid to my early morning run and was a good excuse to get the Kindle out and be a little lazy. It was still raining when I was ready to start my walk to work. I didn't fancy getting wet so I asked the guest house owner if he had an umbrella to lend me. He said no but if I could wait 5 minutes he would drop me off at work as he had to drive past the research centre to go to town. Of course as things work, by the time we left the guest house the rain had stopped and there wasn't a single drop on the drive.

What astounded me when we walked out to Denis' car, is that it wasn't locked. I asked him if he always leaves it like that and he said  yes and that normally the keys were also in the ignition! According to him the area is really safe most of the time. While I would like to believe this, it is not the impression created by the houses. All of them are hidden behind huge walls and closed gates. On each gate there is a sign warning of CCTV surveillance, alarms and/or armed response and in some cases angry looking rottweilers. The neighbourhood is, however, really quiet and I enjoy the untamed vegetation between the houses and the groomed greenery in the gardens. There are plenty of birds about and some pretty little lizards too.

After work today I went for a long walk around the area and down to the beach. Although I have been to Albion every year for the last few years, I have not had the chance to look around as I spent the days working and the nights in a hotel in another town. There were some lovely spots along the way and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
 Albion lighthouse
 One of the roads
 Albion beach looking north
Albion beach looking south
The sun going down

That's all for today. The work has gone really well and since I have finally completed all the other work that had been requested, I can finally spend my evenings relaxing. Good night all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo