Just another work day

This morning half of the participants arrived late but that didn't stop the others from getting on with the work. When the others did arrive they just fell in and worked really hard so it was overall a good day.

Lunch was at the buffet in the restaurant downstairs and it was nice. There were salads, the main dish of fish or pork served with rice, an unidentifiable orange mash (which I thought might be pumpkin) and a vegetable bake. The dessert was a custard tart of some sort and tiramisu. It was very filling and I was doubtful that I would be able to stay awake through the hot afternoon.

It is interesting to see how people eat their food. Of course there are all the lefties who eat back to front and then there are others who are just .... different. I was watching someone at lunch today who used his fork to place his rice on his knife and then used the knife to put the food in his mouth. I was fascinated! It must be far more difficult to balance rice on your knife. Now I can't wait for lunch tomorrow to see if anyone else eats like this!

I managed to stay awake through the afternoon, and was even quite productive, but at five thirty, when we called it a day, I was happy to escape. I went and had a relaxing swim and a quick dip in the Jacuzzi - I'm getting used to the idea of human stew. I discovered that if I lie down in the Jacuzzi, I can get a shoulder massage from the jets which is really good. The downside of being horizontal in the Jacuzzi is that my swimming top fills with air making me a) more buoyant; and b) look like I have one giant breast in the middle of my chest! Anyway it is well worth looking strange for the massage :-)

That's it from me. Have a good evening!

Some clouds reflections

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo