A Dodo Surprise

As predicted previously, we did in fact finish all the work by this afternoon. The days seemed to have flown by and I can only guess that it is because I have really enjoyed myself here. The group were well prepared and put a lot of effort into the work. They were also a pleasure to be with and we were able to laugh together while still keeping the work side of things serious.
The Mauritian group minus one who missed out on the photo session

Once we had finished all that we could possibly do, my colleagues surprised me with a gift! It was really touching and they said that they too had enjoyed the workshop very much. I was given a mobile made of small wooden dodos made locally by artisanal crafters. This will definitely be a wonderful reminder of Mauritius!
My dodo mobile - the little ones are still in their plastic wrappers for their journey to my home

I have decided that tomorrow I will tackle the Mauritius bus system and go into the capital city, Port Louis. I have had all sorts of advice from the people around me on where to go and who I should speak to if I get lost (only policemen!). I will wait for the peak traffic to die down and then head off into the city. While I have been to Mauritius a number of times in the last few years, I have not been to Port Louis since 2009 as there was no time or real need to go there so this will be a nice excursion.

Take care everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo