Secret Kitty Love

After work yesterday I put my walking shoes on and went for a walk to Bel Ombre and back. It took me just over an hour and was good exercise. I really don't enjoy the lack of pavements here though. The whole time walking I have to stick as close to the edge of the road as possible and sometimes flatten myself against the houses' walls to get out of the way of oncoming vehicles. The Seychellois are so used to this situation and they casually wander along the roads without much regard for the cars and buses. I'm sure that if I did that though I would just be taken out. A situation I don't fancy much so I squeeze up against the walls or drop down into the gutters when necessary.

Bel Ombre is just a tiny village that has a small craft harbour and, other than little boats, there isn't much to see. It is a good distance from my guest house though - about 3km which makes a nice 6km round trip.
My guest house is on the right and Bel Ombre is on the left

 The view from Bel Ombre looking north
Looking inland from Bel Ombre across the little harbour

When I returned to the guest house I was greeted by a little kitten on my porch. He came inside with me while I changed into my swimming costume to go to the beach and then followed me down the driveway when I was leaving. I decided the only way to make him stay was to give him a saucer of milk so I left him happily lapping up the milk and I went for a long wallow in the sea.

The water was lovely and it was such a beautiful evening. There was not a cloud in the sky and no breeze to speak of. I do find it strange to float in the water and watch the fruit bats flying overhead instead of seagulls. Eventually at six I got out and returned to the guest house.

Mister Kitty was nowhere in sight so I let myself in and closed the door heading straight to the shower. But I heard a plaintiff cry from outside the door and there he was. He came in and had a little more milk and then settled down for the evening.
 Mister Kitty having some milk
This bed is comfy!

At about 10pm I opened the door so that Mister Kitty could go and sleep where ever it is he normally sleeps but he just rolled over and stayed where he was.
I'll just stay here thank you.

Anyway I just let him stay and he spent the night snuggled against me. I really miss my pets when I'm travelling so it was good to have this little furry creature on my bed. In the morning he was reluctant to get up but once I was up and dressed he dragged himself out of bed too. We were sitting outside on the porch when the gardener arrived. He told me that the cat was not allowed in the bedrooms and the manager would be quite angry if she saw him there. The thing is though that the manager is never around so I'm not sure how she will see the cat go in the rooms. I'm personally hoping he will stop by again this evening as I did enjoy his company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo