Angels and Demons (or snoek)

My plan for sun downers last night definitely worked and I had my first full night's sleep on the ship. Tonight will be more of the same! The day started off fairly easy with two trawls inshore that were fairly small. We are now moving back offshore and as the day progressed, so the catches have gotten bigger. There was a lot of angelfish and snoek in the midday and afternoon catches which were measured and then cut up to go in the freezer - there is no point in wasting good fish!

Besides that the ocean has been kind to us and was as smooth as a mirror this morning. It was such a beautiul day and I could not resist sitting up on the deck in the the sunshine between trawls despite being sunburnt from yesterday's lazying on the deck!

Our last trawl came up just after sunset so I got to sit on deck and enjoy the beauty of the end of the day before heading down to process the catch. I am in desperate need of a shower now so I will leave you with my sunset photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo