It's raining, it's pouring ...

We woke up to thunder, lightening and rain this morning but luckily by the time the first trawl was on deck the rain had stopped. By midmorning the sun was out and we cooked on the deck sorting fish and then the clouds came back again.

We are trawling in the deep again so the catches have been fairly large with lots to do and plenty of frustration to go around. I just let it all wash over me though and wait for the dust to settle and then get on with the tasks assigned to me. It is quite a nice feeling to be working on something for which I am ultimately not responsible, it makes a welcome change for a while.

The great thing about these deep catches is that there are a few quite different looking fish that are in the catches. We even got orange roughy which I have read so much about but never seen. The day was very interesting but long. No matter how tired I feel right now though I am like a kid in a candy store and am having a thoroughly good time.

Orange roughy that were caught at approximately 750m.

 
The sea has become a little bumpy and this was a wave coming onto the back of the vessel when the sixth trawl was being hauled in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo