The Nansen cruise liner

It feels a bit unreal today not having to worry about when the next trawl is coming up. I have been doing a little bit of my regular work but generally lazing around. In fact I have just come in from the deck where I was lying on a sun lounger reading a book and looking at the occasional dolphin breaching out the water next to the ship - definitely a déjà vu moment from the MSC cruises to Mozambique!

Our final trawls yesterday were very straight forward and were processed at speed. We also just washed up superficially and left the real clean up for this morning. Jess and I retired to the Acoustic deck and spent the afternoon lying in the sun discussing life, the universe and everything. It was a good end to the day.

This morning the ship sailed near to Luderitz but didn't go into the harbour. Instead a tug came out to collect the crew member that needed to get off. In a way I am quite glad that Luderitz was only a shimmer in the distance because I slept through it all and would have been sad to have missed it!

So now we are on the way to Walvis Bay where we will have two days of roaming around before our flights home on Sunday. It looks like our arrival time is also very early in the morning but I am hoping that I will be able to wake up in time to see it. It shouldn't be too hard though because our end of cruise "meeting" has turned into a real meeting thanks to the irresponsible drinking habits of two of the scientific crew. I can tell you that they are not the most popular of people on the ship right now.
The view from the bridge.

That's it for today, maybe there will be more stories on Sunday about our escapades in Walvis and Swakopmund - depends on how tired I am afterward :-).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo