Who left the fridge open?

It is a cold "winter's" day ... the sun is out but there is such a cold wind blowing and for once it is colder outside the ship than in the cabins. The sea is choppy and a really horrible browny green colour. This is so different to yesterday when the ocean was an impossibly gorgeous blue. I am told though that when we make our way back out to the deep water it will get better but that remains to be seen.

A seal in the water next to the ship.
Just some birds floating around.

Yesterday there was almost a mutiny amongst the scientific staff as we had been told all day that there would only be 5 trawls but as number 4 came out the water, the cruise leader hinted at a 6th one and indeed this did happen. It made no difference to me though - we came here to work and that is what I am doing and having a blast despite feeling dog tired right now. I also got to do some hake biomass estimates yesterday which was interesting. This was taught on the course I attended in Mauritius last year but it was good to sit with someone who does this stuff all the time and could explain in detail how to work out the swept areas, etc.

Anyway got to go, I think the next trawl is in the water already. I leave you with another sunset photo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo