Another morning, another gorgeous sunrise!

The hotel cats had their own party last night and the caterwauling went on and on and on! Today they are all lying around with smug expressions on their little faces and they look exhausted. Of course everyone else is exhausted too from not being able to sleep through their noise.

Despite the disturbed night I still managed to get up early and went to the beach.. This time I took a cup of coffee and dug my feet into the sand - pure bliss! What is it about sitting on the beach and listening to the waves that soothes the soul.



I was again the first one there and I sat still for long enough so that the ghost crabs were fooled into thinking they had their beach back to themselves. There was also a pair of African pied wagtails chasing and catching the little ghost crabs. It was great to watch and once again a really good start to the day.


As I said I would yesterday, I went to work a little later this morning and was pleasantly surprised when I got there to discover that I was not the first on the scene. This morning there were just two fisheries left to update and then we started on the review process. In the past we have not had these sessions and I always felt a little uncomfortable that there were inconsistencies in the data, so this time I have made sure that these reviews happened. It does mean that when I do the annual review of the data and compare it to the previous year's data that I understand everything and am comfortable providing the feedback. Below is a photo of Esther and Mariam getting on with the last updates.


We finished all the work at around eleven this morning and then had to hang about waiting for lunch which had been pre-ordered yesterday. After that, the finances had to be finalised and I eventually got away from KMFRI at 3 pm. Enough time to go and relax on the beach for a while.

So tomorrow I have a free day. I am supposed to be out of my hotel room by 10:30 but am hoping they will let me keep it a little longer. I will also go to the airport a little early to see if I can get on an earlier flight to Nairobi. Kenya Airways are usually quite flexible about moving tickets so here's hoping they will be tomorrow.

One more sunrise photo!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo