Happy Public Holiday!

I was wondering why today was such a quiet email day and at about midday it finally dawned on me that today is a public holiday in South Africa. So to all my South African family and friends, I hope that you had a really great day doing fun things.

For me it was business as usual and a long day at that. Work began at 07:30 and initially it was just me and one other person. Unfortunately this person's English is VERY limited and it was a frustrating morning since I speak no Portuguese. I really do wish that I was one of those people who just soak up languages. Anyway Gilberto and I did manage to get through three fisheries this morning and then at lunchtime we were joined by Paula and the work really proceeded well. I was exhausted at the end of the day though and I think it will be early to bed for me tonight.

Yesterday I mentioned that the hotel I am staying in is beginning to be a little run-down. Well when I came to have a shower last night the tap (one of those mixer taps) came off in my hand when I tried to turn the water on! A little bit of investigation though and I got it back on but for a moment or six my heart sank as I thought I would have to go and ask the English-challenged receptionist for another room.

So a short blog today and no photos - I have not taken any but will try to take some tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo