This is only the second time out of ALL the many times that I have stayed in Mombasa and do not have an ocean view and it pretty much sucks! I'm just going to have to get up early tomorrow morning, throw some clothes on and get to the beach to watch the sunrise and ease my withdrawal symptoms. I mean really there is no other reason to be in the city than for the spectacular sunrises :-)

I laughed at my taxi driver this morning because he said that I should demand to pay only half price to stay at the hotel because I only spend the nights here - I like his way of thinking but very much doubt that the Voyager Management would see it the same way.

There were some unwanted guests at the hotel for breakfast today, and I have a really huge grin on my face as I post a photo of one of them ...


Jo, you had to know that there would be eventually be retaliation for your translation of the word "woes" when describing me :-)

There were mixed fortunes today at work with two thirds of the group working really hard and one third doing absolutely nothing. It didn't help either that after 2pm the Internet slowed down to a crawl. Finally everyone has agreed to start earlier in the morning to try and avoid the afternoon go slow so hopefully we will get a lot more done tomorrow.



It looks like I may have a bit of entertainment just outside my hotel room tonight. A table has been set up and decorated along with the adjacent palm trees so I'm betting it is either a mini-wedding or a vow renewal. While my sense of romance (or lack there of) doesn't extend to this type of stuff, it will most likely be more interesting than what is on TV :-) Hopefully everyone involved puts on lots of mozzie repellent as the little blood-suckers are out in force. I will let you know what happens but below is a photo of the table - hopefully you can make out the flowers on the backs of the two chairs on the left and the wierd palm leaf decoration on the palm to the right. 



And finally ... tonight I have a male in my room with me .....

.....  admittedly he is not human but he will definitely do for a cuddle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo