Night market

Last night I eventually made my way to the night market. This is a food market held every night in the Forodhani Gardens on the waterfront. This area was under development for a very long time and was only opened again towards the end of last year. It is aimed specifically at the tourists and provides local cuisine at really affordable prices. I didn't stay long there, just long enough to eat a samoosa and a chapati. The biggest irritation about the place is the constant harassment by people trying to sell you food, tours or anything else you might be willing to part with cash for all while you are trying to eat in peace. Other than that though the atmosphere is really nice. So here are a few photos that I took while there.
Just a general view of the market.

The palace that overlooks the gardens.
The waterfront along which I walk every day to go to work.

 Another part of the gardens.
A mangy cat begging for food.

The work part of my trip is now over. We managed to get through all 38 fisheries by 1 pm today so I have spent the afternoon writing up my report on this trip which will need to be submitted in April. At least if I do it now I have everything fresh in my mind and don't have to try and think back to it all later on. Tomorrow I'm going to try to be a bit of a tourist and then tomorrow evening I have been invited to go to dinner with the people from WIOMSA - where we have been squatting for the last two days. That should be good fun.

And one last photo for you ... some cats on the beach snacking on fish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo