Just chilling

Yesterday's work session ended when the power generator was switched off at 16:30 and I returned to my hotel room ... my new hotel room. I have been moved to a front room that looks out over an empty piece of land and the ocean. It is a vast improvement on my previous room ...

... the best thing about this room is that it gets a sea breeze coming in the windows in the evening. It was still 35 degrees in the room at seven 'o clock last night though even with the breeze. I love the bed too it is huge and really high off the ground so no tokoloshe can get me :-) Not sure what I did to deserve the upgrade but I'm definitely not complaining!

The biggest news in Zanzibar today is that the electricity supply was restored last night and there were a few celebrations going on around the hotel. It was wonderful not hearing all the generators running and I could switch on the air conditioner and get some relief from the heat ALL night. Obviously the generator at IMS was not supplying the a/c with enough power yesterday because today the meeting room is cool while yesterday, even with the a/c running, we were still cooking.

As I said yesterday, the first day in Zanzibar is always frustrating but from then on things go okay. Today everyone has worked really hard and the updating process is going well. It has helped that we have not lost the Internet connection once today and I am touching wood right now that this continues for the rest of the week. Below are the workshop participants hard at work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo