The middle of the week slump

Wednesdays are supposed to be mini-weekends - well they used to be when I was in the air force! It was the day we would spend planning where to go out for a party and then Wednesday night we would go big and feel really rotten the next day at work. Wow that feels like eons ago and after today the last thing on my mind is finding a place to go for a few shots! Tomorrow night, however, is my last night in Maputo so a drink will definitely be in order come what may :-)

For this workshop, we are bringing in the most relevant people to add and edit data, the people who actually work with the specific fisheries. Normally the national focal points of the project collect all the data before the workshops from everyone and they are responsible for entering it. But this a good idea because it increases the awareness about and exposure to the database to a much wider range of people and hopefully will increase the use of the database in the future. As I said it is a great idea and I am all for it. At the same time though, it slows the whole process down as these new people need to be trained to use the database and then they take longer to upload their data just because they are not familiar with the database. I assure you I am not complaining just stating that this makes my day long and tiring. At least I finished adding all the Portuguese fish names to the species table before the others arrived this morning so that is done and ticked off and I managed to validate most of the work done on Monday and Tuesday so I'm comfortable that the work is going well. Below is a photo of Eunice, Lourenco and Gilberto making sure that they are entering everything correctly. By the way, it is WATER in the wine glass and not wine!


And that is all from me today! A good evening to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo