Sunrise at last

I woke up at 5am today got showered and dressed and went down to the beach to await the sunrise and it was worth the wait. It was so peaceful down there. Initially it was just me, my friendly tom cat from last night and the security guard at the beach but as the sky got lighter so more people arrived, everyone immersed in his or her own thoughts. And the best part of all was that it was too early for the harassing beach boys!








It was such a good start to the day and I will be there again tomorrow but with one difference ... I will take some coffee along.

Work was supposed to start at 8am today but at 8am I was the only one at the offices and these were still locked. It was pleasant enough standing out on the balcony watching the monkeys playing in the trees next to the KMFRI building. One of the KMFRI employees decided that I shouldn't have to wait outside and he went and fetched the key to open up. Of course then I felt obliged to go inside and start working. Eventually the others arrived too but I think I will come in a bit later tomorrow - I would rather spend an extra half hour at the beach than wasting the time waiting for people to arrive. We are, however, almost finished updating the information about the Kenyan fisheries. There are just a couple left to do and then they will have to be validated within the group.

Until tomorrow ....

PS The mini-party last night was a vow renewal. It kept me interested for about a minute and then I went back to reading my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little fun in Mombasa

Roasting in Comoros

Maputo